Thursday, March 03, 2005

A new home

Finally... I found a place to live! Yey! After weeks of constant rejection or friendly ignorance I can proudly call myself a regular tenant again. Not a guest, not an asylum seeker, not a couch potatoe, not a miserable homeless German impertinently complaining about the weather and such important things... no more of that! I paid my first month's rent yesterday and now it's just about organizing the picking up of furniture from a friend's house (conveniently they've got lots of stuff in their shed they don't need anymore!) and moving the contents of my backpack (it seems to have grown because half of my stuff doesn't fit in anymore... figure that!), probably in a couple of extra plastic garbage bags... I'm really happy about this new situation because I started feeling very uncomfortable at my friend's house, not because we don't like each other (rather the opposite) but as a friend of mine has put it very adequately: visitors are like fish: they start stinking after three days. I wonder what fish smells like after four weeks???

Well, I wish I had a camera to show you some pictures of my new place and the people I hang out with... Flo said he might sell me his when he goes back in April. So, be patient! It's just a matter of time.

Spent the afternoon at the beach yesterday with the boys. The first time in ages that I had a swim in the Pacific... Gosh! Anyway, I forgot how salty real seawater is. Makes you very thirsty and a bit silly too, so Flo and Erik and Tim made this little film and I decided I wanted to be part of it and turned into a half-naked nymph of the sea luring the two main characters in the water to play with me while my friends, the seagulls, helped themselves to the two silly guy's food. Got a bit sunburnt in the process (patches here and there... in some very odd places...) but it was worth it.
Speaking of films: seems like the weather report for today was a bit wrong which means that we will spent another evening at the Botanical Gardens Open Air Cinema tonight. Film: Somersault (2004). Coming-of-age story. Supposed to be well worth seeing. I'm curious.

No worries! (my favourite Oz response to almost everything)

1 comment:

fiel.kuhla said...

hooray,
my favorite german-australian girl-friend has found a place to live!!! and i'm flying to london tomorrow with the cast to watch caroline's play and enjoy myself. i might eat loads after starving last week... so we're both happy again.
kisses on all the odd sunburnt patches
omma