Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Applications

I've been wasting my valuable time trying to come up with a kickass cover letter and a CV that makes people go: "Gosh! Who is this girl? We have to meet her! We have to give her a job!" Not that it's impossible. In fact, I think I'm pretty close to the above described scenario. However, most of the application deadlines for the journalist's traineeships (which is what I think I really want to do because I'm talented enough with words and ideas... fishing for compliments here!) are at the end of April for the jobs to start either late this year or in the beginning of 2006. I thought I could just apply from Melbourne and go back home and start right away but it's more complicated than that after all. The whole selection process of writing a sample report and being interviewed unfortunately coincides with my thesis here, SO I guess I don't have an excuse anymore to put off thinking about my thesis. Well, the break was nice. At least I'm prepared now for next year's deadlines...

I wonder what I'll do then... maybe I should consider becoming a bum, a couch-potatoe, a parasite of society. Would make the whole thinking-about-the-future thing unnecessary, which would result in me not feeling pressured and stressed out about it (the thought of going back to Berlin and applying for social welfare is not soooo appealing...).

Anyway, I'm here now and I'm not yet an adult. Got another couple of months before I have to face the bare facts of real life. And the way it looks right now, I'm going to have a ball with my thesis and a Wundertuete in my ear! Yey!

1 comment:

fiel.kuhla said...

cheerio miss sophie,
ich bin endlich mal wieder auf die gute alte australien seite geraten, und hab mir deine letzten tage und wochen angeschaut, ich freu mich schon tüchtigst über fotos von dir und kommst du wieder nach berlin um journalismus zu machen? cooooool!!! ich hab immer noch keine ahnung was ich machen soll. werd vielleicht gleich mal ein paar sachen für omaswelt verfassen, da ist noch was offen. fühl dich geknutscht und genieß die letzten sonnenstrahlen, ha ;-)
deine oma