Monday, May 02, 2005

Tag der Arbeit

It's May 1st and everybody knows what will happen today in Berlin. I'm somehow glad that I'm going to miss out on the riots and the teargas and the burning cars in the streets of Kreuzberg this year. It's eight in the morning back home, so I reckon right this minute police troops are in the process of setting up barriers and passing on last instructions about the strategies and dos and donots and such. It's wartime, it really is. Human logic and sensibility will be switched off today in people's heads, if peaceful demonstrator, pumped-up police, or rioter on principle. At some point you won't be able to tell anymore who's acting and who's reacting, who's the baddie and who's the gooddie. I just hope that Flo the Flitze will have part of his brain on emergency call just in case he needs it.

Anyways, I spent my weekend at uni and I actually got some stuff done. When I left the Oz Centre last night I was a bit frustrated because none of the things I had written seemed to sound right. And when I came in today again it actually did make sense after all, I just had to edit it here and there and finish bits and pieces or get rid of them. Feels good. Almost 10 percent of my workload is done. Another 90 to go... eeek! Oh well, I'm sure it's manageable.

Be good, everyone, and please take good care of yourselves today!!! Luv, Ingale

No comments: