Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Shucks

...my new favourite word. Don't ask! It just happened to pop up in my head one day and now it's become an Inga-word. Maybe because it's onomatopoeic conveying some kind of attitude. Maybe it's just stupid. But at least it's mine. Well, I think it is. It could be anyone's though, right? It's all an illusion. What we think we got and what not. My sister always used to say to me and I've come to appreciate this recently: Close your eyes and what you see there is yours. It's a life-changing insight. Means that fear and jealousy and heartbreak and all that are all just constructs that crumble when we realise that we never really own anyhting or anyone, so holding on and letting go is not logical. In fact, it doesn't exist. It only exists when we create it.

So much for today's philosophy session. I would open up a forum discussion but no-one is reading this anyway, so - hang on - I'm talking to myself... Again. This might become a problem...

4 comments:

animaldelmar said...

DO open up a forum discussion, people ARE reading...

inga von k said...

Righto, sis, here's another thought: has anyone ever felt like they're sitting on the reserve bench of life, waiting for their turn to be in the game? I think ever since I returned from Melbourne to Berlin the first time more than 2 years ago, I've watched the game rather than participated in it. I've led a provisional life and all that I achieved in those last couple of years was supposed to give me the chance to actually play in the game again, be part of the big picture. Melbourne this time was supposed to be that chance. And now that I'm here and don't seem to able to find what I was looking for, I find myself still sitting on the same freaking bench, constantly waiting for something to happen that will put me in the game.
Weird, huh!

animaldelmar said...

1) try to find out who you really are. not who you want to be. or who you think you are or what other people think of you or how other people make you feel and "construct your identity". try to think of what it is that makes YOU you.
2) fall into deep depression -
3) wake up one morning, feeling sunny and blue -
4) get up from bed, enter the game.

inga von k said...

Who am I? Where am I? Why am I? What makes me ME? huhm, eerrrrrr, ajdfhlaskdutfsdb jvhwer,SDVGAL...
Interesting questions. We might try and fit it in with the next session.
As for now, let me emphasise: "Ueber den Wolken muss die Freiheit wohl grenzenlos sein..." dummdidummdidada